425. TRAVEL GUIDE: TWO DAYS IN GENK

4:37:00 AM


The last weeks were quite busy and difficult when it comes to my health. I had to take a break from daily life and went on a two day trip to Genk in Limburg Belgium. The city is located close to Hasselt, an amazing city to shop at and Genk itself has a lot of hidden treasures you can discover during your stay. I usually went there for work and never thought I would see so many amazing places! Genk definitely surprised me by his beauty and calm environment that I felt on a citytrip during those days. Time to share with you the beauty of this city...

*. Where to stay?
In the middle of the centre of Genk you have the 'CARBON' hotel. It's a four stars design hotel with amazing rooms. It's actually the first time I had such a special room. The bathtub was next to the desk, there was a separated rain shower and all that in one open space. Thumbs up Carbon! At the hotel you also have a SPA, a trendy bar, restaurant and you're close to locations such as C-Mine and the shopping area.



*. What to do?
Many more as expected! As said in the introduction: Genk really surprised me. We started our day with a Vespa tour, organized by Vespa Discovery, and passed by many different design and architecture locations such as C-Mine, the new Thor Central that will open on my birthday (16th of September) and the beautiful Kattevennen woods where we had a delicious Italian picknick and hand lettering workshop by Elisa Guarraci. We also passed by the Studio of Pieter Stockmans, the artist that created a plate set for the marriage of the royalty couple of Monaco. An amazing cultural tour!

It was the first time ever on a Vespa for me and gosh! I loved it. Felt like I was in Italy for a day. If someone has a spare red one, I'm interested! No pictures could be shared of the Thor Central yet as it's still a secret, but we had an exclusive visit. Believe me: this will be an amazing addition for the city! Stay tuned on that...



*. Where to go for dinner?
Next to C-Mine you have the Italian restaurant 'Casa Paglia la Bottega del Gusto' which has some amazing Italian imported food ingredients that you can't find so easily in our country. The place is so well known for their good and fresh kitchen that there are people waiting in lines to have dinner and get a taste of Italy in Belgium. Evy (@mylifeonsneakers) and I went for a delicious pizza Tonno after such a long day, but if we go back we will try the pasta as well. They were looking so good at our neighbors table *oops sorry for watching the food, haha*. Also the staff was so friendly! They will definitely see me back when I'm in Genk a next time.

- Vennestraat 110, 3600 Genk



*. Where do go for lunch?
At the Carbon hotel you have a 4stars restaurant 'GUSTO'  and that's where we had lunch on our first day. We took a 3courses lunch menu (start-main dish-dessert) for €28,- and enjoyed some haute cuisine. It's not the kind of plates you find in any restaurant but it's more on a higher level. Something you need to discover once in a while for sure! Delicious, sophisticated and an unique experience are my keywords for this lunch.

- Europalaan 38, 3600 Genk



*. Where to go for breakfast?
When being on a citytrip or holiday I love to go to special breakfast places. A good breakfast makes my day, which you already know from previous travel guides and hotspot blogposts, so I was more than happy to discover 'Peppe's' close to our Hotel (it's about 5minutes walking). You can choose between a luxury breakfast with or without Champagne and all menu's include fruit salad, eggs with bacon, pastries, charcuterie and so much more. It was a perfect start for our second day in Genk!

- Bochtlaan 2, 3600 Genk



As you can see Genk has some great hidden places to discover! And there's even more to see. Unfortunately on the second day I got so sick that I needed to go home. I wish I could control my health a little more, but thanks to Genk I did have a lovely stay away from the daily madness and discovered some amazing hotspots close by home. If you're looking for a stay in Limburg Belgium such as Genk and you need some help with hotspots; shoot! I'm more than happy to help you with your trip.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for leaving a comment. I will answer your questions as soon as possible!

Like us on Facebook