141. PARIS: THE FOOD & SHOPPING GUIDE #1

5:25:00 AM

http://www.theafterworkblog.com

Sharing the hotspots...
During my week in Paris (last week), I've been to a couple of restaurants and shops. And as promised; I'm sharing them with you in my personal 'Food & Shopping guide'. Starting with the food in this post and in the next one the shopping addresses, all divided by the Areas. As the first thing you need to do when in Paris is taking a Metro map, you will recognise the Areas by the Metro stations. It's the most easy for me to situate these hotspots for you. If you have any questions; shoot!

* The food guide.
- Au vieux Colombier, 65 Rue de Rennes 75006 Paris (area Saint Germain):
A small, typical Parisian place/bistrot. You can go there for breakfast and for a late lunch. Even dinner is served there. So you can plan this restaurant anytime during your trip in Paris.
On the menu from 12€-50€: Risotto with shrimps, cheeseburger, steak tartare, codfish,... A little bit for everyone. They also have daily special if you like to try out something new.

http://www.theafterworkblog.com

 - Hippopotamus burgers, 102 Rue de Bercy 75012 Paris (area Bercy):
Yes, I needed a burger the first day. Just to start my trip well and I was quite tired of the trip (I was stuck in the train for an hour) so it tasted very good.
I found this place just in front of my Hotel Novotel Bercy. Very friendly staff and a quite place to relax after a long day with a good burger.

http://www.theafterworkblog.com

- Les philosophes, 28 Rue Vieille du Temple, 75004 Paris (area Hotel de Ville):
One of the best places I've been during my trip to Paris. This restaurant has a cosy terrace and is perfect during a summer evening. Starting with a cocktail (also mocktails) and some snacks and ending with a delicious plate of Spanish ham, french delicatessen, or an advocado salade. You have so many choice and the price/quality is just perfect.

I really recommend to go to Philosophes when you're around. It's also next to some Vintage stores and the place gives you a real vacation feeling, even during work. 
 
http://www.theafterworkblog.com

- Al-Ajami, 58 Rue François 1er, 75008 Paris (area Champs Elysees):
A Lebanese restaurant to change. I love to discover different kind of food cultures and my friends always recommended me to try Lebanese food. So here in Paris I did. It's located in a small street next to the Champs Elysees, actually next to the Laduree store/restaurant. 

You enter in a magical place, with different levels and furniture in marble and wood, all designed to make you feel home. And with a great service from the staff.

On the menu: cold and hot Mezzé dishes. Also different kind of fish and meat (I went for grilled chicken, yummy yum!), daily specialities and some good Hummus.

http://www.theafterworkblog.com

- Nylsa Caffe, 6 Rue de la Cossonnerie 75001 Paris (area Chatelet):
A sweet Italian restaurant near by one of the main shopping streets 'Rue Rivoli'. You can go there for the typical delicious Italian dishes like Lasagna, pizzas, salades, Penne,... All made like in an Italian mom's kitchen. With love and a lot of flavour. Even special menu's of 13€50 with the first and second dish included. A really good price/quality balance if you ask me. The restaurant also has a nice terrace in the sun during lunch.

And don't forget the Italian desserts; tiramisu and Pannacotta. Gosh we went crazy!
Unfortunately no pictures because the battery of my iPhone was empty. But you can trust me: they know how to cook delicious food!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for leaving a comment. I will answer your questions as soon as possible!

Like us on Facebook